Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mmmm...

That's me sighing out of happiness. My wonderful hubby drove straight through from Vegas and got home a day early. If you could see me, you would probably laugh at the goofy grin from ear to ear. I was texting him while I was sitting in church waiting for the service to get started (oh, don't start, I was too late for Sunday School so I sat in the sanctuary for about 30 mins.) to find out where he was. He said he would be home at 3:30 this afternoon. The first thought was, "Woohoo!" and that's what I responded with. The second thought was, "Oh crap! I haven't got the house cleaned yet." Don't ask me why, but every time Anthony is gone I clean the house like a madwoman right before he gets back. I don't know why I have the urge. Maybe I have some old-fashioned notion about being a "good wife" and having the house sparkling clean when I welcome him back home. I ran out of time today so there are still dirty dishes sitting in the oven (we don't have a dishwasher), but don't tell my husband. :)
I look forward to when Anthony gets back, not only because I've missed him like crazy, but also because he is more talkative for those first few days than he usually is in the period of a normal week. I married a man of few words (it's true what they say about women marrying men like their dads and men marrying women like their moms), but when he comes back from a trip he's just bursting with all the neat things he's seen and done; everything from seeing the band Aerosmith or the racecar driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr. walking around SEMA (the show he was at), to the go-cart racing that requires a firesuit & helmet among other things. My favorite from this trip was the story about his interview with the host of a show for the Discovery Channel who kept mispronouncing his last name on tape. My husband is a movie star...well, kinda.

No comments: