Friday, November 10, 2006

Day Ten

Anthony & I just back from the late showing of the movie, Stranger Than Fiction, starring Will Farrell. Anthony said it was better than he thought it would be, and I have to agree. With a movie starring Will Farrell, you expect lots of crude humor, but there was very little of that. In fact, I'm sitting here trying to remember if there was any and I can't bring to mind any instances of it. It was a rather sweet movie and would have been a pleasant movie-going experience had it not been for the person sitting a couple rows down text messaging on her cell phone, it's bright light distracting me everytime she opened it, and for the two guys sitting directly behind me who had probably seen a few too many Will Farrell shows/movies, because they kept guffawing at every little thing that was the least bit funny. I found myself not laughing at some of the funny moments in the movie simply because the guys behind me were laughing so obnoxiously that all I wanted to do was get up, turn around and say, "Excuse me, but could you please tone it down a notch or two?! I'm trying to watch a movie here." I probably should have said something rather than sitting there fuming everytime they got louder and louder and louder. In moments like these, I sort of step outside myself and wonder, "How did I become such a grandma?"

No comments: