Thursday, May 07, 2009

Follow up to 'I love texting'

If you watched that video I posted about texting, this story will illustrate one of the things he talked about...

Yesterday one of my sisters sent this text: I need new pics of Wesley and Ella!

Me: I’ll upload some newer ribs of the kids to Wal-Mart & send you a link.

Her: Haha. ribs? I do that all the time.

I was thoroughly confused for a few seconds because right before the text about pictures of the kids, we were texting about sauces to put on meatloaf. I was thinking, "Does she put ketchup on her ribs, too?" and "Why would that be funny?" Then, it dawned on me that I might have messed up my text, so I looked in the sent box & sure enough, it said ribs instead of pics. So, tell me, why does my phone think that I would be texting about ribs more frequently than pics?

Anyways, I got a good chuckle out of my mistake & the quick mental picture it conjured.

No comments: