Friday, September 23, 2005

Treading Water...

Ever feel like you're going nowhere...like your life is standing still? You go to work, come home, avoid housework :), go to bed, get up and do it all over again. I have felt that way lately. I'm in a rut and can't figure out which direction to go, how to make life fun again. I essentially feel like I'm treading water. I seem to have these spells every year or so. I'll have a year when everything's changing and I'm 'swimming' - I've got to stay above water. Although it's exhausting at times, I feel alive, like I'm doing something other than being 'a bump on a log' as my mom says (don't know where that saying comes from). Last year I was graduating from college, looking for a job, getting engaged, then married, buying a house and moving...so much in one year and this year, I'm...working. Anyways, that's my blurp for today...maybe next week will be better.

1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

Boy I know the feeling!!

Sometimes you do have to take it week by week!