Wednesday, July 12, 2006

POTW...I guess we can keep him

Our downfall was letting Wesley see him and get attached. Within a day or so of them meeting Wesley had named him Ace. His brother has a loving home with one of my co-workers and his two boys. Anthony got attached because of the all white whiskers on a black cat. I got attached just because he's so darn cute. Meet the newest member of our family. For those counting, we have one dog, two cats, and three and a half humans...(just kidding - seeing in you're paying attention). ETA: I guess I should explain how got him in the first place. I was driving home from my in-laws with their chihuahua(sp?), Buffy, in the car b/c we were dog-sitting for them and trying to keep Buffy from crawling all over me when I round a curve and see two black kittens on the right edge of the road a split second before I nearly hit one. I was so sure I had hit one that I stopped and turned around. I got out and called for them (I was nearly in tears at this point). I pick them both up and look them over by the light of my headlights. At this point I still think I might have hit one, but neither are bleeding, they're very tame and out in the middle of nowhere, so I decide to take them home for the night and then see if I can find homes. People drop unwanted pets off all the time in that area, which makes me angry. Anyways, long story short, Anthony didn't want to keep any of them because we already have enough pets, but he finally gave up the, "I guess we can keep him," last night. So, that's the rest of the story.

No comments: