Sunday, July 23, 2006

POTW & Wonderful News!!!

I was having some issues with my photo editing software so I didn't get to post this on Wednesday when I typed it.
I am now the proud aunt of another nephew. Woohoo! Landon DeWayne was born Friday, July 14th at 10:44 pm, weighing 6 lbs. 6 oz. & 18" long. We had driven up to Illinois after work and were there when he was born. We all got to go into the room and see him (the hospital was more lenient about visitors than I've ever seen - not the greatest thing for newborns, but I made sure Wesley and I scrubbed before we got close to the baby) and I got to hold him before we left. We also got to visit with Anthony's Dad, his wife and her daughter on Saturday in MS and on Sunday in Jackson. We also drove to Dover on the way back Sat. to pick up my niece, Trinity, because I wanted her to stay with us for a little while. My mom is keeping her for a week or so for Eric & Jennifer to get settled in with Landon. I took Trinity back to my mom and Wesley to Jody on Monday. Needless to say, my car needs a rest and so do I. But, I had the best time keeping Trinity and got really attached to the little booger. I wish so much that they lived closer. She just melts my heart when she says, "Mimi," her pronunciation of Mindy or, "Wuv you." So, anyways, back to the news....there's more. I found out yesterday that I will be promoted from my current position as a secretary to Business Manager (effective August 1st). Woohoo for me! I've known this was a possibility and that with all the responsibilities I've taken on at work in the last year that I would be getting a promotion, I just didn't know how much of one until yesterday. Comes with a nice raise to and that certainly doesn't hurt :) Without futher ado, here are a couple pics of Landon. The first one is of Wesley & Trinity watching cartoons in the waiting room while Jennifer was in labor. The second one is when Trinity saw her little brother for the first time. And, the last one is of Landon with his mommy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, he's cute. i want to say something happy, but i feel so left out...joys of the military and being in another country. well, i'm glad you all are doing good as a family.
i love you and miss you dearly
Courtney Meg

Mindy said...

oh, Megan. I'm sorry. I wondered how hard it would be for you to be there when he was born. We love you and miss you too!