Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Picture of the Week


The first one is Wes playing ball with his dad, Jody, this past Sunday. I even jumped in for a little game of woofelball (sp?) and you would have thought I had run a marathon I was so winded from running after Wesley. That was one heck of a wake up call...I need to exercise because I am majorly out of shape.
The second one is a lot less fun. This is just one illustration of what happened here in West TN on Sunday. I think the death toll has gotten up to 20 in just the state of TN now, but I'm not positive. Lots more have been injured and I read somewhere that about 1,200 structures were damaged in Gibson Co. alone. I keep hearing more stories of people's families who were either killed, hospitalized or their homes horribly damaged. I saw a news report that over 62 tornadoes touched down over the Southeast (I don't know if that means 62 individual ones or 62 touch-downs). I say all of this not to wallow in the horror and devastation, but to say, please keep the people of West TN and the other states affected by this in your prayers as they really need them right now. I am so thankful that we were protected.
So, that's my picture of the week.
ETA: A little bird asked me, "Ahhemm, are you going to give credit for the picture your husband took that's on your blog?" My talented husband did in fact take the picture of the truck and I adjusted the contrast and such before loading so I must give credit where credit is due.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are updating more often. I haven't seen you in a long time so this is the only way that I can keep up. Start posting more pictures of you and Anthony, please.
It was also good to see a picture of Jody. I haven't seen him since my bachelorette party. (I know it is weird but there were guys at mine)