Monday, May 09, 2011

Just a thought on motherhood

I LOOKED ON CHILD REARING NOT ONLY AS A WORK OF LOVE AND DUTY BUT AS A PROFESSION THAT DEMANDED THE BEST THAT I COULD BRING TO IT. -- ROSE KENNEDY

Just a reminder to myself that my 'job' as a mother is every bit as important (& even more so than) my paid job (& really, has much more long-term rewards & responsibilities to go along with it). Been thinking a lot lately about my role as mother, wife, homemaker (& how to keep those roles balanced with my other ones without losing my mind). I half-jokingly told Anthony the other day that I was going to run off & join the circus. He told me I was too hot & had too many teeth to join the circus. I love it when he makes me laugh (when I'm about to cry).

Found the quote here: Motherhood Matters

No comments: