Monday, September 10, 2007

Ultrasounds & Such

By popular request (meaning Anthony said I should), I'm just going to post all the baby info. on here rather than making everyone sign up and login to the Care Page website every time they want an update. So, here's the post I put up on that page last week...

Here is our first ultrasound from Aug. 15...
















There wasn't much to look at when we had that ultrasound, but the baby measured right on target (at 8 weeks) and the heartbeat was a healthy 167 bpm. We got to see the little heart beating and they turned the sound on for just a few seconds to measure the heartbeat, so we got to hear that precious sound. It never ceased to amaze me when I heard that at every doctor's visit with Wesley & it's no less amazing this time, either. I asked Anthony later that day if it seemed more real to him since he had seen it and heard the heartbeat. He said something like, "Yeah. You're growing a kid inside you." I thought it was cute.

I've been posting weekly belly pictures on my flickr account. If anyone is interested in seeing my belly grow, you need to sign up for an account and add me as a friend (you can search by email - the one I'm registered with is monportrait@yahoo.com) and then I can give you access to them. I don't have them as public pictures (thought it would be a little weird for the general public to be looking at my belly), so only people that I mark as friends are able to see them.

We found out last week that one of Anthony's good friends at work & his wife are expecting their second child about two weeks after us. They also have one son with a big age gap between the two, like us. I think it will make it easier on Anthony to have a buddy that's going through the same thing and who has been through the birthing & infant stage and can assure him that he'll survive it. :)

We've also known for a while that Anthony's sister, Lynsey & her husband, Jordan, are expecting their first. I was so shocked when I found out she was pregnant, too. Not necessarily just because she was pregnant, but because she is due the very same day as me. Yes, you read that right. She's due the same day. Lynsey's dad didn't believe me when I told him Anthony & I were also having a baby and we're due on the same day. He really thought I was pulling his leg. I finally convinced him that I was for real & he (and my mother-in-law) were very excited to be getting two grandkids at once. I doubt that Lynsey & I will end up delivering on the same day, but I would venture to guess that the babies will be born within a couple weeks of each other.

Lots of people have asked if we have names in mind yet, so I'll go ahead and say here that we do, but we're keeping them a secret. Since everyone will know what the gender is, we want to keep something for a surprise. And, I don't want everyone weighing in their opinions on our choices. Once the baby is here, no one will care what we named it (and if they do, they probably won't say anything to our face). :)

My next appointment is Wednesday, September 12. They probably won't do an ultrasound, but I'll still post an update afterwards.

No comments: