Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lil' Kiwi Update



So, my weekly pregnancy newsletter says the baby is the size of a kiwi this week. Amazing how such a tiny little thing can make me so sick. : )

I just got back from my 12 week appointment and got fussed at because I've lost 5 pounds in the past four weeks (I'm definitely not 'trying' to lose weight - just keeping food down has been my goal for the last month and a half). Other than losing weight everything checked out fine. The nurse used the doppler to find the heartbeat. It took a minute or two to find it (see above comment about it being a tiny lil' thing) and as soon as she found it the little booger moved and she spent another few minutes trying to find it again. When she finally did, it was 153 bpm (which is good).

I haven't felt it move yet, but I distintly remember the day I felt Wesley move for the first time and it was around 13 weeks, so I may feel a flutter or two starting in the next couple weeks. I don't think anyone but me can tell that I'm getting a little baby bump. I'm sure that will change soon. : )
People are constantly asking how I'm feeling. In case you're curious, I feel about how I imagine someone with the flu feels (I say 'I imagine' because I've never actually had it) - nauseated 24/7, nearly constant headache, so tired that at any given time of day I feel like if I'm still for more than 10 minutes I'll fall asleep, cranky, and sickened by just the sight or smell of food. Pregnancy is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. But, lest I sound like a big, complaining ball of hormones, I should add that I know it's worth it in the end, and once I get to hold that little bundle of joy, I would gladly do it all again (I think). : )

My next appointment is Oct. 10th. And, I went ahead and scheduled the big ultrasound for Nov. 5th. So, in a little less than 8 weeks we'll know whether it's a boy or girl!

No comments: