Monday, February 05, 2007

It's been a while...

I guess I forgot that I have a blog...
So, I got a call from Wesley's School Resource Officer this morning. As soon as she said who she was I was thinking, "Oh no! What's he done now?" Turns out Wesley decided to bring his wallet to school. I'm sure you're thinking, "Okay...what's the big deal?" Well, he emptied all the cash out of his piggy bank and put it in his wallet. Apparently he had it out on the playground. The grand total he had on hand: $91.00. Probably not an amount that you want your kindergartener flashing around on the playground. So, the SRO wants me to come pick it up on my lunch break, since it's probably not wise to let him keep it in his possession and expect all of it to make the bus trip to daycare, the couple hours there and then home. I was laughing as I was talking to her and feeling relieved that it was something so silly (guess I need to make a deposit to his savings account). But then, as I'm getting ready to say goodbye, she says, "I'm just going to leave it with [so & so] and you can pick it up in the office. And, Ms. Althia would like to visit with you when you come by about some classroom behavior problems." Ugg...not again. This is almost as bad as the one or two times I ever got called to the principal's office. Now I'm just wishing I could skip my lunch break altogether. So, that's the latest episode in "My Child is a Hooligan."
Life with children is never boring.

1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

I was wondering when you'd come back. I missed you!

Life with children is never boring! That's a great phrase. I think I will steal it and start using it myself.