Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I'm a Messy Cook

I am definitely NOT one of those cooks who can whip up something delicious and leave the kitchen sparkling clean. Nope, not me. This is a lot closer to what my kitchen looks like every time I bake...

Notice the weird shape of the powdered sugar on the flour?
This is where the rest of it was...

Someone has to lick the icing bowl clean...

The finished product...
(lighting is a little off - the icing was actually white)


This was by far the best from scratch cake I've ever made. Of course, I've only made two (that I can remember). One when I was a preteen (chocolate w/ chocolate icing) that was absolutely horrible. And, one for Anthony's birthday the year before last (red velvet at his request) that was probably just as bad as the first one. I think we may have just eaten one piece each & thrown the rest away.

The recipe for this cake is from Pioneer Woman. It's called a Strawberry Shortcake Cake. Anthony & I practically polished the whole thing off ourselves within a few days (I think Wesley & my father-in-law had one piece each). Yum!

Anyhow, just tryin' to keep it real around her.

1 comment:

greg said...

it was a outstanding cake. but you also made the shark fin ice cream so much to eat i had to try it all i guess making the mess is half the fun of cooking but the clean up is what is hard


greg